Boy allegedly abducted by mom returned to U.S

 

Boy allegedly abducted by mom returned to U.S

By the Mercury News

 

 

 

This article was published in the San Jose Mercury News, Wednesday, September 13, 2000.

Diane Booth, the mother who the news article was about, wrote a reply which is published below, but the Mercury News did not publish her article.

 

 

A 6-year-old boy allegedly abducted from a Los Gatos care facility by his
mother and taken to Canada in July was returned to the United States on
Tuesday.

Diane Booth of San Jose, who is charged with child abduction and unlawful
flight to avoid prosecution, remains in Vancouver, British Columbia, after
filing a petition for political asylum to delay her return to the United
States.

Booth's son had been a ward of the court and removed from her care and placed
at Eastfield Ming Quong before the alleged abduction, according to Los Gatos
police. Eastfield is a residential facility for troubled youngsters.

Police said they do not know why Booth lost custody of her son, which they
believe happened last January. The boy's father has not been involved in his
life.

Booth was apprehended on Sunday by Vancouver police after a routine traffic
stop. A background check revealed that she was sought by the FBI. Police said
Booth had been aided in her flight by family members from New York. A formal
asylum hearing is pending in Vancouver.

 

Diane Booth's reply to the Article

This is Diane Booth, the woman the article refers to above. Please allow me
to inform your audience of what Santa Clara County did to me and my family.
Let this also serve as a warning to anyone with small children considering
leaving their home state to make those big Silicon Valley bucks. My little
boy, age 7, (not 6) was diagnosed with ADHD, and I insisted that the
Sunnyvale School District comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act
and make reasonable accommodations for my son. The school district
retaliated against me, along with their partners in crime, the Santa Clara
Co. Social Services, and the Santa Clara Co. District Attorneys Office, and
the Public Safety Dept. by concocting malicious lies against me and my
boyfriend. I came home from work one day at 5:15 p.m. to find my son had
been kidnapped by Santa Clara County gestapo. I was beaten up by a police
officer, thrown in jail, my boyfriend was thrown in jail. The week before,
SCC had frozen my boyfriend's bank account, causing our rent check to bounce,
causing us to be evicted from our apartment. My son ended up at EMQ where he
was experimented on with all kinds of dangerous drugs and was abused and
neglected physically, emotionally and mentally at this facility. He was
hospitalized at least 5 times while under their so-called care for injuries
sustained at that facility. Santa Clara County added insult to injury by
claiming that I was a victim of domestic violence. (The only violence was
the police officer who beat me up and the facility who abused my son). They
even had the audacity to file a child support enforcement claim against me as
ransom. My refusal to testify against my boyfriend who was innocent angered
the same DA who maliciously prosecuted me for a phony trumpted-up charge of
child endangerment. The social services refused to send my beloved son to
his loving family in New York even though my mom begged for temporary
custody. I have an appeal and a multi-million dollar lawsuit pending against
the County of Santa Clara.

I have refugee status here in Canada, a process which will take many months.
In the meantime, I am out of prison and will work full time getting the word
out to all the people of the world about the holocaust going right here in
America.

It is patently ridiculous that I should be charged with criminality for
trying to claim and protect what is already mine!!! It is my child, my son,
born of my womb, nurtured and raised into a fine young, intelligent boy,
until the witches and demons of Silicon Valley destroyed his life, my life
and my family's lives. It is ironic that I am expected to go to prison and
do the time those criminals should be doing because I rescued my beautiful
son from the abuse he suffered at the hands of the gangsters who call
themselves police, social workers and court officials. The FBI is wasting
the taxpayers money to hunt down old ladies and their children, instead of
going after real criminals (who run the County government). The FBI put
$500,000 on my head. Canadians shake their heads in disbelief. It is the
right of Americans to know what is being done with their tax money, and that
little children are being stolen from their mommies so that the County can
adopt them to the highest bidders who are unable to have children of their
own. The FBI is now harassing and threatening my aging mother. Please help
our family. Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call at 604-454-1774

Diane Booth

 

The Alexander Case - A confiscated child

To Article Index

Letters to the NCHR

Back to Main Index

 

Realtime website traffic tracker, online visitor stats and hit counter